Remember! the advertising slogans ‘Hamara Bajaj’, ‘ I Love You Rasna’, ‘I am a complan boy’, ‘Sabki Pasand Nirma’… that still ring in our ears!
If you grew up in the 90s, then you must remember all the above slogans or jingles… More than you enjoyed watching your favourite program, you looked forward to the advertisements that came as fillers. Now, the question arises here that will we be still engrossed with the ads in 2020 too?
Year 2020, will be known as the new era where words like TV, newspaper or radio would mean nothing. In 2020, it is presumed that everything is going to be digital. You must be having few queries like, what will the advertising industry look like then? Who will be running the ad or media agencies? Will media buying be totally automated? Hope going through the article would make you understand about the digital age.
Though, the world of advertising has altogether misunderstood what the digital age means, here are a few warnings –
• Audience will be more advanced: Ads of 2020 will be created according to the audience motion. This will also lead into the feature, in which audiences will be able to choose outcomes at key moments in the ad films.
• Buyers will be more techie: Without any doubt, the buyers of the future will have a formal background in predictive analytics. Increasingly, with so much data to process, human buyers will be assisted by virtual agents.
• Fewer media sellers: By 2020, the majority of ad deals will be struck silently inside of machines. Remember 1960’s ‘Mad Men’, the practice of large teams of junior sellers hitting the streets and pitching banner ads to agencies will be dated in the same way. However, by the year 2020 there will be a period drama or ad movie based on the online ad industry circa 2004, which will be rather more humorous.
• Target people over the age of 40: The first objective of any ad maker is to select the target audience. By 2020, the banner ad is going to be 25 years old and the business will be mature in more ways than one. For example – Surfing the Web will seem as quaint as reading a physical newspaper today. So by keeping the target audience in mind, ads of 2020 is going to be more unique and simple, but with more humor.
• Agents, Clouds and Screens: This is for sure that, by 2020 the media industry is going to be moved to cloud-based computing platforms. A few of these platforms will also become dominant and also manage most of the screen-based buying too. Screens will come in all shapes and sizes and it will help our clients and audience to get to see ads in a large view screen with high definition. Also augmented reality software will offer new kinds of advertising opportunities too. Last but not the least, virtual agents will increasingly become a part of our personal and professional lives.